Old driver from 2009 for Designjet 500, 510, 800 series printers. January 18 2022, 0 Comments
It worked great until HP upgraded with the kill switch embedded.
500 Driver link:
510 Driver link:
Either one above should work in a 800 model.
Firmware A.04.02 is too big to post here. Send me an email.
For all other legacy models
1. Unarchived the rar file. It will create a folder called pl532en
2. Opened the Add a printer window and selected adding a network printer (mine is running on home wired internet though a router).
3. I selected "the printer that I want isn't listed"
4. I selected "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname"
5. I entered "TCP/IP Device" for the host type.
6. Under the "host or IP address" I entered the IP address (192.168.1.35)
7. after "next" I get a message saying that the computer is connecting to the printer then a "Install print driver" window comes up. It asks me to select the printer from a list or to click the box if I have a disk.
8. On the list it has my correct printer and the model I have (Hp Designjet755CM(C3198B)
9. It has an alert saying the driver is not digitally signed.
10. I selected "Next" anyway
11. The printer name in the box came up HP Designjext 755CM(C3198B) by HP - I left it unchanged.
12. I selected "Next"
13. I received a green bar saying it was installing the driver.
14 A window came up for "Print Sharing" with the default to share the printer so I left that alone and selected "Next"
15. The next window said I successfully added the designjet and if I wanted it to be my default. I unchecked the box.
16. I selected the button to print a test page.
17. The box came up saying it was sending a test page to the printer and the green light on the printer started flashing.
18. Windows Test Print Completed!
Please leave a comment below if this worked (or not).